• You are not logged in.

#1 March 29, 2012 01:04:28

admin
Profile   Send e-mail  

Notes in windows7 (just for FMiner5, new version has no this problem)

Fminer can run without administrator privileges in windows7 when building the extraction projects. But when begin extracting, there are some notes. FMiner will call the new program extractor to do scraping job which will create some temporary files in the folder where the extraction project existing in. So you should keep the program has the writing permission on the folder where the extraction project existing in. There are several ways to make it work:

1.Keep the project files in the default folder, usually it likes C:\Program Files\FMiner\projects. Because This directory has been set up to allow any program to read and write when installing FMiner.

2.Starting extractor(not FMiner) with adminstrator directly, so it can write any folders.

3.Put the project files to a folder allowing write for all users. DOCUMENTS folder has this attribute, or you can set the folder's permissions by yourself. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727008.aspx

Edited admin (Sept. 9, 2012 21:48:38)

#2 Aug. 9, 2012 15:48:37

artk
Profile   Send e-mail  

Here is what I did to fix my windows 7 problems. I went to the compatibility tab and set the environment to Windows XP sp3 and selected run with administrator priveleges. I did this for all users as well. Program is now working properly.

#3 Sept. 9, 2012 21:51:09

admin
Profile   Send e-mail  

The new version(>=6) of FMiner is just the same program for design and execute the project, so it need not the administrator privileges.

Please ignore this note!!

Board footer

Moderator control