• You are not logged in.

#1 Nov. 20, 2013 12:37:47

Jade
Profile   Send e-mail  

Editing a Porcess Map and linking two tables

Hello,
I'm using the evaluation version to learn Fminer. I have two questions: 1) I made an error in my first project and would like to go back to a node to correct it. Is this possible? I don't see an edit mode. 2) I've scraped data from two different detail pages and created two tables in the process. Is there a way to insert scraped content from both pages into one table, and if not, is there a way to create a key on the fly to link both tables with SQL.

Thanks for your help.
Jade

#2 Nov. 20, 2013 19:10:41

admin
Profile   Send e-mail  

For you question.
1) Sure you can, select the node you want to change, and click “Run to” button, the program will run and stop when arrive this node, then you can change the node according to the current page. Or you can select the starting node and continue to click “step” button to get to this node.

2). Yes, it can, if you want to save the scraped data from different pages to the same table, just select the “scrape page” nodes and change “save to table” to the same table, then they will save data to the same table.

If you want to relate two tables, for example:
1. You scrape “category” information from pages and save data to “table1”.
2. Then you open items links on these “category” pages, and save items' “price”, “name” … to “table2”.

Now you want to relate these two tables, and know categories of every items, to do this:
1. Add a new “capture content” and change “extract type” to “page attribute” -> “url” and save to “table1” as “url” column.
2. Add a new “capture content” and change “extract type” to “page attribute” -> “parent url” and save to “table2” as “parent_url” column.

Because all these items' pages are opened from categories' pages, and the categories' URL is their parent URL, you can relate these two tables with “url” and “parent_url”.

Edited admin (Nov. 20, 2013 19:12:54)

#3 Nov. 20, 2013 22:41:49

admin
Profile   Send e-mail  

And I made a article about “relate tables”, if your problem is about this, see here: http://www.fminer.com/relate-tables-url-and-parent-url/

Board footer

Moderator control